Decorations, strolls, carols, parties, football and the start of winter weather – December sure has a lot going on! We’ve simplified this month’s maintenance to-do list so that you can focus on the beauty of this special time of year. From our big Whalen Restoration Services family to yours, Happy Holidays!
- Test all of your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Unpack and test all electrical holiday decorations. Repair or discard any that do not function properly.
- Review the family fire escape and emergency plans with every household member.
- Check your fire extinguisher’s expiration date and the gauge to ensure that it is fully charged.
- Check that there is still insulation around all exterior pipes and make sure that water cannot seep under the insulation.
- Detail clean your dishwasher, trash compactor and countertop appliances.
- Clean your range hood and either clean or replace the filter.
Printable version: December Home Maintenance Checklist